And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved. - Acts 2:42-47
What are GOspel communities?
Gospel Communities (GC's) are communities of people shaped and driven by the Gospel to make disciples and encourage one another in the faith.
Each Gospel Community:
- Has a specific sphere of influence in our community in order to bring the Gospel
- Has a specific rhythm (meeting time, activities, etc.) unique to each community in order to make disciples and encourage one another in the faith.
What to Expect
- Encouragement in the Gospel.
- A faith family.
- Safe space to work out or investigate faith.
- A tight-knit community who does life together
Our desire is that everyone who is checking out faith in Christ or calls First Baptist Durango home would be in a Gospel Community.
Our Gospel Communities
- North Valley-Thursday Nights
- Wildcat Canyon Region-Monday Nights
- Bayfield-Tuesday Nights
- Town-Wednesday Nights
- Durango West-Sunday Nights
- Desired Future Locations: Skyridge
or contact Jimmy Thoma with questions or for more information.