Whispering Pines Bible Camp
To provide a retreat where concentrated learning and applying God’s Word is practiced, ministry training occurs and Christ is proclaimed in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
Whispering Pines Bible Camp provides opportunities for all ages to develop a greater understanding of who God is, serve Him, and to enjoy Him as they spend a week in the beautiful mountains near Durango. It is owned and managed by First Baptist Church of Durango, Colorado.
2019 Camp Dates Are Set!
High School Camp: July 8-13
Middle School Camp: July 15-20
4th & 5th Grade Camp: July 22-27
VBS Camp: July 29 - August 2
Camp Promo Video:
Whispering Pines Bible Camp is located seven miles north of Durango nestled in the mountains of the west side of the Animas Valley above Trimble Hot Springs. Directions: 0.4 miles north of Trimble Hot Springs on CR 203. Turn left onto pavement, 6809 at top of tree. Go straight onto dirt road for 1 mile.
What to Bring:
- HS, 4/5th, MS: Pillow, bedding/sleeping bag, modest clothing (NO short-shorts or clothing that shows your midriff, cleavage, or any undergarments), modest swim wear (one-piece for girls, trunks for guys), pajamas, jacket, 2 pairs of shoes that can get dirty/wet, bath towel, washcloth, toiletries, trash bag for wet/muddy clothing, Bible, pen, flashlight, battery powered alarm clock, insect repellent, sunscreen, night-game clothing, theme night attire (if HS/MS), and a great attitude.
- VBS: LABELED WITH CAMPER’S NAME: Backpack, Water Bottle, 2 towels, Bible, and pencil
What NOT to Bring:
- Cell phones, radios, ipods, electronics, pets, firearms, fireworks, shaving cream, skateboards, alcohol, weapons, cigarettes/vape pens, money, any personal items of value, or bad attitudes!
Due to new state licensing regulations, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Immunization records must be on the official form from CDPHE.
- A physician, PA or Nurse Practioner MUST list any of the following items- with specific dosage information, otherwise your camper will not be allowed to have it. This includes: bug spray/bug bite relief, Hydrocortisone, Acetaminophen/ Ibuprofen, antihistamine, Tums, sunburn gel, Benadryl, gas relief, antibiotic ointment and all vitamins/homeopathic products.
- Completed registrations & payments that are NOT received 10 days prior to 1st day of camp CANNOT be accepted!