Whispering Pines Bible Camp
To provide a retreat where concentrated learning and applying God’s Word is practiced, ministry training occurs and Christ is proclaimed in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
Whispering Pines Bible Camp provides opportunities for all ages to develop a greater understanding of who God is, serve Him, and to enjoy Him as they spend a week in the beautiful mountains near Durango. It is owned and managed by First Baptist Church of Durango, Colorado.
2019 Camp Dates Are Set!
High School Camp: July 8-13
Middle School Camp: July 15-20
4th & 5th Grade Camp: July 22-27
VBS Camp: July 29 - August 2
Camp Promo Video:
Whispering Pines Bible Camp is located at: 6809 C.R. 203, Durango, CO 81301.
(seven miles north of Durango nestled in the mountains of the west side of the Animas Valley above Trimble Hot Springs).
Please contact First Baptist Church for more information about Whispering Pines Bible Camp, camp dates, or anything else regarding attending camp this summer.
What to Bring:
- HS, 4/5th, MS: Pillow, bedding/sleeping bag, modest clothing (NO short-shorts or clothing that shows your midriff, cleavage, or any undergarments), modest swim wear (one-piece for girls, trunks for guys), pajamas, jacket, 2 pairs of shoes that can get dirty/wet, bath towel, washcloth, toiletries, trash bag for wet/muddy clothing, Bible, pen, flashlight, battery powered alarm clock, insect repellent, sunscreen, night-game clothing, theme night attire (if HS/MS), and a great attitude.
- VBS: LABELED WITH CAMPER’S NAME: Backpack, Water Bottle, 2 towels, Bible, and pencil
What NOT to Bring:
- Cell phones, radios, ipods, electronics, pets, firearms, fireworks, shaving cream, skateboards, alcohol, weapons, cigarettes/vape pens, money, any personal items of value, or bad attitudes!
Due to new state licensing regulations, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Immunization records must be on the official form from CDPHE.
- A physician, PA or Nurse Practioner MUST list any of the following items- with specific dosage information, otherwise your camper will not be allowed to have it. This includes: bug spray/bug bite relief, Hydrocortisone, Acetaminophen/ Ibuprofen, antihistamine, Tums, sunburn gel, Benadryl, gas relief, antibiotic ointment and all vitamins/homeopathic products.
- Completed registrations & payments that are NOT received 10 days prior to 1st day of camp CANNOT be accepted!